Thursday, June 2, 2011

First Toolbag.... I've come a long way. Still a long way to go...

So, this is the first bag that I ever made,I thought it turned out pretty well but, I've learned a lot since then...

I'm planning on doing a tutorial soon so wait for that in the near future.

First - you have to get your pattern onto the leather and tool and stamp it as desired:
This one I did a celtic scorpion with some backgrounding where the cross overs are, I also did all the hole punching for stitching up (I actually dry fit each time).

Next - dye the piece and apply a finish to ensure it lasts:
Dying needs to be handled in a few steps remember lighter colours first....

Next - Add some hardware and remember anything else you want to do while it is flat:
You won't be able to use a mallet once the sides are on...
Last thing you need to do is stitch up the sides...  really it's that easy LOL...  (with about 10~20 steps in between that I didn't list):
I do a different stitch now with the sides, as I mentioned this was a first run...


I promise a tutorial with way too many steps before the summer is done....  I promise  ;o)

Paws

No comments:

Post a Comment